3003 aluminum disc refers to an aluminum disc or disc made of 3003 aluminum alloy. Aluminum circles are widely used in various industries due to their excellent properties, including formability, corrosion resistance, thermal conductivity, etc. The symbol “3003” represents the aluminum alloy composition, where “3” represents the addition of manganese as the main alloying element. 3003 aluminum alloy is mainly composed of aluminum with manganese (Mn) as the main alloying element. It usually contains small amounts of other elements such as copper (Cu) and iron (Fe).
The 3003 aluminum alloy is a wrought aluminum-manganese alloy with good formability and moderate strength. Its chemical composition is as follows:
Aluminum (Al): 96.8% – 99.0% Manganese (Mn): 1.0% – 1.5% Copper (Cu): 0.05% – 0.20% Iron (Fe): 0.70% max Silicon (Si): 0.60% max Zinc (Zn): 0.10% max Others: Each element (single): 0.05% max Others: Total: 0.15% max
The state of the 3003 aluminum circle alloy is different, which will also affect its mechanical properties. The commonly used states of aluminum circle 3003 are:
3003 O aluminum circle (annealed): This is the softest state of 3003 aluminum. It is fully annealed for lowest strength and highest ductility. The 300 O temper is suitable for applications requiring forming and deep drawing.
3003 H12 aluminum circle: This temper is the strain hardened (cold worked) version of the 3003 aluminum circle. The H12 temper offers a balance of strength and formability making it suitable for medium forming operations.
3003 H14 aluminum circle: Also a strain hardening temper, H14 offers higher strength compared to H12. It is achieved by further cold working after H12 tempering. H14 is typically used in applications requiring higher strength and moderate formability.
3003 H16 aluminum circle: This temper is similar to H14 but has higher strength due to added cold working. H16 3003 aluminum pans are suitable for more demanding forming operations and applications requiring increased strength.
3003 H18 aluminum circle: The H18 status represents a high strength version of the 3003 aluminum circle. It undergoes extensive cold working to achieve its level of strength.
The performance parameters of aluminum alloy 3003 in different tempers are as follows:
3003 aluminum disc has good mechanical properties, corrosion resistance and machinability, so it is widely used in various different application fields. The following are some common applications of 3003 aluminum wafers:
3003 circle for kitchenware and cooking utensils: Due to its excellent corrosion resistance and thermal conductivity, 3003 aluminum discs are often used to make cooking utensils, pots, pans, steamers and other kitchen utensils.
3003 circle for lighting and reflectors: 3003 aluminum disc is usually used to make lampshades, lamps and optical reflectors because of its surface treatment ability and good optical performance.
3003 circle for transportation: 3003 aluminum wafers are used to manufacture transportation parts, such as fuel tanks and body panels in aviation, automobiles and trains.
3003 circle for construction and decoration: Due to its excellent surface treatment properties, 3003 aluminum disc is used in decorative applications such as building exterior walls, roofs, and facade panels.
3003 circle for electronic and electrical applications: 3003 aluminum discs are used to manufacture electronic and electrical products such as electrical enclosures, cable shields, and battery enclosures.
3003 circle for chemical Containers: Due to its corrosion resistance, 3003 aluminum discs are widely used in the manufacture of chemical containers and storage tanks.
Packaging: 3003 aluminum discs are commonly used to make aluminum cans, lids and containers, such as food cans and beverage cans.