6063 aluminum plate is an aluminum-magnesium-silicon alloy with excellent processing properties, excellent weldability, extrudability and electroplating properties, good corrosion resistance, toughness, easy polishing, and excellent anodizing effect. It is a typical extruded alloy.
Mill finish 6063 aluminum alloy is widely used in the construction of aluminum doors, windows and curtain walls. It is an ordinary aluminum alloy model. In order to ensure that doors, windows and curtain walls have high wind pressure resistance, assembly performance, corrosion resistance and decoration performance, the comprehensive performance requirements of aluminum alloy profiles are far higher than the industrial profile standards.
The chemical composition of 6063 aluminum alloy has become an important part of the production of high-quality aluminum alloy building profiles.
6063 aluminum alloy is a medium-strength heat-resistant alloy of the AL-Mg-Si series. Magnesium and silicon are the main alloying elements. The main task of optimizing chemical composition is to determine the percentage of Mg and Si (mass fraction, the same below).
- The role and influence of Mg and Mg constitute the strengthening phase of Mg2Si. The higher the magnesium content, the greater the Mg2Si content, the greater the heat treatment strengthening effect, the higher the tensile strength of the profile, but the deformation resistance also increases, the alloy plasticity decreases, the processing performance deteriorates, and the corrosion resistance decreases.
- The role of Si and the amount of Si should be such that all Mg in the alloy can exist in the form of Mg2Si phase to ensure that the role of Mg is fully exerted. With the increase of Si content, alloy grains are refined, metal fluidity increases, casting performance improves, heat treatment strengthening effect increases, profile tensile strength increases, plasticity decreases, and corrosion resistance decreases.
- Silicon Si: 0.20-0.6
- 6063 aluminum plate
- 6063 aluminum plate
- Iron Fe: 0.35
- Copper Cu: 0.10
- Manganese Mn: 0.10
- Magnesium Mg: 0.45-0.9
- Chromium Cr: 0.10
- Zinc Zn: 0.10
- Titanium Ti: 0.10
- Aluminum Al: balance
- Single: 0.05
- Total: 0.15
- Tensile strength σb (MPa): ≥205
- Elongation stress σp0.2 (MPa): ≥170
- Elongation δ5 (%): ≥7
- Note: Longitudinal mechanical properties of bar at room temperature
- Sample size: diameter≤12.5
As long as the purchase of raw materials and alloy composition are effectively controlled to ensure that the ratio of magnesium to silicon is within the range of 1.3 to 1.7, the silicon corrosion behavior of 6063 aluminum alloy profiles can be prevented and controlled, and various process parameters are strictly controlled to avoid segregation and desiliconization. Silicon magnesium forms a favorable Mg2Si strengthening phase.
If this phenomenon of silicon corrosion spots is found, special attention should be paid to the surface treatment. In the degreasing and degreasing process, try to use a weak alkaline bath. If conditions do not permit, it should be soaked in acid degreasing fluid for a period of time. As short as possible (qualified aluminum alloy profiles can be placed in acidic degreasing solution for 20-30 minutes without problems, problematic profiles can only be placed for 1-3 minutes), the pH value of the cleaning water should be high (pH>4, control Cl Content), the alkali corrosion process should be as long as possible, nitric acid light solution should be used when neutralizing light, and sulfuric acid anodizing should be energized and oxidized as soon as possible, so that the dark gray corrosion points caused by silicon are not obvious and meet the requirements of use.
Common tempers: T4, T5, T6 etc
Common thick: 5mm, 6mm etc
ASTM B209, GB/T 3880, EN AW etc
Applications and Features
- Strengthened by heat treatment, high impact toughness, not sensitive to notches.
- It has good thermoplasticity and can be extruded at high speed into complex, thin-walled, hollow profiles, or forged into complex forgings.
- The quenching temperature range is wide and the quenching sensitivity is low. After extrusion and forging demolding, as long as the temperature is higher than the quenching temperature, it can be quenched by spraying water or passing through water. Thin-walled parts (δ <3mm) can also be air-quenched.
- Excellent welding performance and corrosion resistance, no stress corrosion cracking tendency. Among heat-treatment-strengthable aluminum alloys, Al-Mg-Si series alloys such as 6061 aluminum sheet are the only alloys that have not found stress corrosion cracking. 5. After processing, the surface is very smooth and easy to anodize and color. Its disadvantage is that if it is left at room temperature for a period of time after quenching, it will adversely affect the strength in terms of aging (the parking effect).
- Customized cnc machining aluminum parts, 6063 aluminum alloy extrusion for electronic with end plates
- Heat sink
Henan Huawei Aluminum Co., Ltd. is the leader of many aluminum manufactures and suppliers in China. We strictly control the quality and focus on customers. We hope to have in-depth cooperation with you and provide you with high quality aluminum material products custom OEM services. If you want to get the newest and best prices by per kg or per ton standard weight, please contact us.
Standrad export seaworthy wooden pallet with
- Plastic film protection.
- Hard Kraft Paper.
- Steel Bar Bunch.
- Wooden plate.